Job Type: Full Time
Job Area: Global Transaction Solutions
Applications Close: 31 Dec 2019
Liberty Global Transaction Solutions (GTS) is one of the largest global mergers and acquisitions (M&A) insurance teams in the industry. With more than 50 specialists, we have helped facilitate more than 500 M&A deals a year on average. GTS offers specialized products and services to help facilitate M&A transactions for buyers and sellers, including Representations & Warranties (R&W)/Warranty & Indemnity (W&I) Insurance, Tax Liability Insurance and one-off policies created for individual contingent risks.
GTS is a standalone business unit of the Liberty Mutual Group which was originally founded in 1912 and is headquartered in Boston. It is the fifth largest global property and casualty insurer in the world based on 2018 gross written premium and ranked in the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the United States with over 50,000 people in 30 countries.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Career development opportunities.
- Team-work culture.
This underwriter role is to be based in Sydney and provides a rare opportunity to develop your career as part of a market-leading, dedicated team of underwriting professionals. We are looking for an intelligent and enthusiastic candidate to work within our regional Asia Pacific team to underwrite transaction liability risks throughout the region with a particular focus on providing warranty and indemnity insurance cover for M&A transactions.
GTS is proud of its reputation for training and developing staff and as such, this role offers great potential for an individual with a strong legal or M&A background interested in establishing or further developing expertise in this exciting and growing sector of the insurance market. The successful candidate will attend to the following responsibilities:
- Underwriting M&A transactions including:
- assessing target business risks
- reviewing sale and purchase agreements and due diligence reports/materials
- negotiating and finalising policy wording and coverage.
- Working as part of a joined up Asia Pacific team of underwriters as well as independently to eventually lead underwriting of transactions.
- Ensuring that brokers and clients receive a high level of underwriting service and certainty of execution that differentiates GTS from its competitors.
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with brokers and clients to facilitate deal appointments.
- Assisting the team to build the Liberty GTS brand through marketing and business development opportunities.
- Providing technical training and guidance to other junior members of the team.
- Continuing to seek improvement of the product and its practices and processes.
- Contributing to an effective team environment by interacting professionally with all team members in line with GTS core values.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- Sound decision making and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong legal drafting skills and broad understanding of legal concepts.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Business, financial and risk awareness/understanding a plus.
- Previous solid legal experience in corporate M&A or insurance (3+ years) from a well regarded law firm.
- Legal degree (preferably in a common law jurisdiction).
- Previous relevant experience in warranty and indemnity insurance, M&A, or insurance/risk management generally a strong plus.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team and want to be part of our exciting future we would love to hear from you.
Please click APPLY NOW and attach your resume.
Agencies – We’ve got this covered!