Job Type: Full Time
Job Area: Operations
Applications Close: 30 Apr 2021
Liberty Specialty Markets, offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow.
- Global company.
- Team-work culture.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Career development opportunities.
Liberty Specialty Markets is recruiting a Business Operations Supervisor to lead the administrative function across the Asia pacific region, delivering greater effectiveness and enabling increased productivity within our Marine and Crisis Management lines of business.
We are looking for someone who wants to make a positive contribution to our team, and who believes in and thrives on collaboration. At Liberty, we invest in our people and want someone to join our team that sees themselves having an exciting future here.
- Supporting the administration/technical function for Marine and Crisis Management lines of business, the role is assigned the task of identifying and implementing operational improvements.
- The role provides technical support to relevant administrative/technical employees within the business unit for issue resolution, as well as assisting the business unit in being an intermediary between other key business units – IT, Operations, Actuarial & Claims, Legal, Finance and Marketing as required.
- UAT testing of raters.
- Eliciting requirements for rater and processing sheet enhancements and bug fixes from stakeholders including product managers and working with IT to implement changes.
- Document and template management including policy documentation on the Wording Trees and within rating systems (raters, OQS, UWP etc) and PDMS.
- Assisting with training and development of Underwriting Assistants or offshore teams, further to their in-branch training, to ensure consistency in the business unit administrative function across the region.
- Act as QC and escalation point for and provide assistance with task transition to our Offshore team.
- Maintaining and updating the Administration and Processing Manual on an ongoing basis to ensure it is always accurate and relevant.
- Operational reporting and data analysis including monthly financial reconciliation.
- Implementation of new systems and processes across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Managing data accuracy and integrity.
- Coordination of small projects and initiatives across business units.
Qualifications and Soft Skills
- Previous relevant experience in the General (non-Life) Insurance industry.
- Previous relevant experience in a similar role with a broker or an insurance company.
- High level of customer service.
- Strong analytical skills, investigative, inquisitional and research skills.
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- The ability and interest to supervise and train other team members on systems, processes through on the job guidance.
- Ability to work with offshore teams and provide guidance on processes and systems.
- Tertiary qualifications in a related discipline would be desirable. HSC (or equivalent) essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and database systems for managing contacts, schedules and calendars is required.
If you believe you can make a positive contribution to our team and want to be part of Liberty’s exciting future we would love to hear from you.
Please click APPLY NOW and attach your resume.
Agencies – We’ve got this covered!